Are you feeling overwhelmed with the amount of disorganized clutter that has accumulated over the years? The thought of decluttering and organizing all of your belongings may seem daunting at first, but don't stress: These home and garage organization ideas, plus garage tool organization ideas, will help purge the clutter and design a system to organize your belongings for good.
How Do I Organize My Garage?
Let's start with the big one: your garage. According to a survey conducted by PR Newswire, one in four Americans say their garage contains so much clutter that there is no room for their vehicles. If you're struggling with a similar problem, these tips will help you tackle the mess and, more importantly, keep your garage organized for good.
Garage Organization Ideas
The first step to organizing your garage is often the one that everyone dreads the most: purging the clutter. Take a weekend to go through every box and shelf and divide your inventory into items you don't need and essentials that you plan on keeping. Once finished, get rid of everything you no longer need (by way of donations, garage sales, etc.) and split the remaining items into categories. A few examples of categories include gardening equipment, seasonal storage, automotive supplies and accessories, and so on. After you've categorized your belongings, it's time to decide how you'll effectively store each group. We've provided a few examples to help get the creative juices flowing.
- Install wall panels and hooks to hang...well, just about everything. Flow Wall offers a different type of hook for anything you need to store, from sports equipment to gardening supplies.
- Hang some metal bracket shelves to get those boxes off the ground and out of the way. And while you're at it, replace those flimsy boxes with some durable bins.
- If your garage doubles as a workspace, invest in a proper garage workstation to organize all of your tools, equipment, and current projects.
How Can I Improve My Garage?
The trick to keeping your garage well organized is to improve it with quality, long-term storage solutions that can help you maintain a good system. Before you start the organization process, you may want to first think of a few ways you can improve your garage for effective storage. For example, rather than buying a rickety plastic shelving unit, consider investing in high-quality metal bracket shelving. For garage organization ideas that are easily scalable, we suggest you install panel walls over that unfinished drywall. The panel walls make it easy to add new wall cabinets, shelves, and hooks as your needs grow and evolve.
What Is the Best Garage Storage System?
The best garage storage system is one that can provide you with versatile storage options so you can keep everything in its place. Take this 12-piece deluxe cabinet set, for example: this storage solution is fully kitted with cabinets of various sizes, drawers, rubber-coated hooks, mesh storage bins, and plenty of room to add whatever else you need to keep your garage organized.
How Do You Organize Your Laundry Room?
When it comes to organization (or even decorating), the laundry room is often neglected, resulting in stray bottles of detergent, piles of stray pocket finds, lingering clothing, and more. Spruce up your laundry room with a few home organization ideas.
- Mount small wall cabinets above the washer and dryer to store your laundry detergents, fabric softeners, dryer sheets, and anything else you use to keep your clothes smelling fresh!
- Add small decorative baskets or bins to keep those stray socks and the pocket change you find in everyone's jeans.
- If your storage is out in the open, empty those plastic detergent bottles into prettier glass containers for a chic look.
How Do You Organize Your Home Office?
When it comes to your office, there is almost no limit to the number of home organization ideas available on the internet. One big trend right now is using panel walls to hang bookshelves, small wire baskets in which to keep your office supplies, and even a couple motivational quotes, pictures, and planters. If you're not big on letting it all hang out on the panel walls, opt for wall cabinets instead, where you can tuck away your binders, files, and supplies in a neat, organized manner. For additional storage space, add some bookshelves, cabinets, or a pretty accent table in the corner to keep your bigger and less attractive office equipment, like your printer or your die cutter.
Big Home Organization Discount
Save big on your home and garage organization ideas with Flow Wall's 4th of July sale! Equip your home and garage with professional, high-quality storage solutions for a fantastic price.
- Save 20% off on purchases of up to $1,499
- Save 25% when you spend $1,500 - $3,499
- Save a whopping 30% on purchases of $3,500 and more
Save big on garage storage and home organization ideas with Flow Wall.